- Massive and constantly changing.
- Inhabited by dangerous creatures
- Navigated by Halfling “worm riders” who have managed to tame sandworms and use them to find their way.
- Trade is controlled by the halfling merchant guild, and halflings are very aloof and powerful.
- While sandworms do not require stops/rests are oasis’, those traveling with/on them do, therefore, the halfling merchants have created numerous “rest points” at naturally occurring oasis’s throughout the waste.
- Non halflings do not know the way between the rest stops.
- Rest stops are populated by many races, but each has a halfling ruler. No one dares challenge the ruler because they have complete control over all commerce (including the importation of goods). Bandits are common occurrences.
- ThriKreen raiders and caravans are fairly common.